- Digital Price: $12.00 USD (All sales final)
- China Review International
- University of Hawai'i Press
- Legacies of the Drunken Master: Politics of the Body in Hong Kong Kung Fu Comedy Films by Luke White (review) Volume 26, Numbers 1 & 2, 2019, pp. 121-128
To further meet your research needs, the complete digital issue from this journal is also available for purchase for $29.00 USD.
This issue contains 23 articles in total
- Works Received
- Legacies of the Drunken Master: Politics of the Body in Hong Kong Kung Fu Comedy Films by Luke White (review)
- Regional Literature and the Transmission of Culture: Chinese Drum Ballads, 1800-1937 by Margaret Wan (review)
- The Myth of China's No Strings Attached Development Assistance: A Caribbean Case Study by Theodor Tudoroiu with Amanda R. Ramlogan (review)
- Panda Nation: The Construction and Conservation of China's Modern Icon by E. Elena Songster (review)
- Literate Community in Early Imperial China: The Northwestern Frontier in Han Times by Charles Sanft (review)
- Drunk in China: Baijiu and the World's Oldest Drinking Culture by Derek Sandhaus (review)
- Navigating Semi-Colonialism; Shipping, Sovereignty, and Nation-Building in China, 1860-1937 by Anne Reinhardt (review)
- Governance, Innovation and Policy Change: Recali-brations of Chinese Politics under Xi Jinping ed. by Nele Noesselt (review)
- Cosmology and Logic in the Dao of Changes by Baoshan Ma (review)
- The Journey of Liu Xiaobo: From Dark Horse to Nobel Laureate ed. by Joanne Leedom-Ackerman et al. (review)
- The Cold War and the Origins of Foreign Relations of the People's Republic of China by Niu Jun (review)
- Mouse vs. Cat in Chinese Literature: Tales & Commentary by Wilt L. Idema (review)
- Insects in Chinese Literature: A Study and Anthology by Wilt L. Idema (review)
- Jade Mountains and Cinnabar Pools: The History of Travel Literature in Imperial China by James M. Hargett (review)
- Mr. Smith Goes to China: Three Scots in the Making of Britain's Global Empire by Jessica Hanser (review)
- Corporate Conquests: Business, the State, and the Origins of Ethnic Inequality in Southwest China by C. Patterson Giersch (review)
- Neunzehn Alte Gedichte (Gushi Shijiu Shou 古詩十九首) aus der Han-Zeit by Manfred W. Frühauf (review)
- Gu Hongming's Eccentric Chinese Odyssey by Chunmei Du (review)
- China's Global Identity—Considering the Responsibilities of Great Power by Hoo Tiang Boon (review)
- Discourses of Weakness in Modern China: Historical Diagnoses of the "Sick Man of East Asia." ed. by Iwo Amelung (review)
- "Did Phonocentrism Drive Modern Chinese Script Reform and Chinese Cultural Modernity?"
- "Mass Protests and the Structure of Power in Contemporary Hong Kong"
In order to purchase digital content, you must be logged into your MyMUSE account.
For questions, please see Purchasing MUSE Content