- Digital Price: $16.00 USD (All sales final)
- CHINOPERL: Journal of Chinese Oral and Performing Literature
- University of Hawai'i Press
- Dialect Humor and Local Sentiment in Two Plays by the Suzhou Playwright Li Yu (李玉, 1602?–Post 1676) Volume 39, Number 1, July 2020, pp. 31-58
To further meet your research needs, the complete digital issue from this journal is also available for purchase for $25.00 USD.
This issue contains 5 articles in total
- Experimenting with the National Language: Use of Manchu in Bannermen Poetry and Songs in the Nineteenth Century
- Drum Ballads and Northern “Vernacular” in the Qing and Early Republic
- Dialect Humor and Local Sentiment in Two Plays by the Suzhou Playwright Li Yu (李玉, 1602?–Post 1676)
- Suzhou Dialect, Social Status, and Gender in Sancaifu, a Rediscovered Mid-Qing Chuanqi Play
- Special Issue on Regional Language and Performance Texts in the Qing
In order to purchase digital content, you must be logged into your MyMUSE account.
For questions, please see Purchasing MUSE Content