To further meet your research needs, the complete digital issue from this journal is also available for purchase for $25.00 USD.
This issue contains 20 articles in total
- "Life Not Worth Living": Nigerian Petitions Reflecting an African Society's Experiences during World War II (African World Series) ed. by Chima J. Korieh (review)
- Uwa Umu-Nwanyi: The World of Women, The World of Women's Children
- Africa and France: Postcolonial Cultures, Migration, and Racism by Dominic Thomas (review)
- Shi'i Cosmopolitanisms in Africa: Lebanese Migration and Religious Conversion in Senegal by Mara A. Leichtman (review)
- Politics and the Writing of "Sitting on a Man"
- Judith Van Allen and the Impact of Her Article "'Sitting on a Man': Colonialism and the Lost Political Institutions of Igbo Women" in the Classroom
- Man Sitting with Judith Van Allen
- Making It Ethical to Study Africa: The Enduring Legacies of "Sitting on a Man"
- Judith Van Allen, "Sitting on a Man," and the Foundation of Igbo Women's Studies
- "Sitting on a Man": Forty Years Later
- Becoming Classic: "Sitting on a Man" at Forty-Five
- Gender Field Experience, Method and Theory
- A Philosopher with a Plan: Reflections on Ifi Amadiume's Male Daughters, Female Husbands
- When We Discovered Gender: A Retrospective on Ifi Amadiume's Male Daughters, Female Husbands: Gender and Sex in an African Society
- The Ambiguity of Gender: Ifi Amadiume and the Writing of Gender History in Igboland
- Understanding African Marriage and Family Relations from South Africa to the United States
- Male Daughters, Female Husbands at Thirty
- Intellectual Housewives, Journalism, and Anglophone Nationalism in Cameroon, 1961–1972
- Queer Crossings: Kinship, Marriage, and Sexuality in Igboland and Carriacou
- In Search of the Historical Madam Suakoko: Liberia's Renowned Female Kpelle Chief
In order to purchase digital content, you must be logged into your MyMUSE account.
For questions, please see Purchasing MUSE Content