- Digital Price: $19.00 USD (All sales final)
- The Good Society
- Penn State University Press
- Penal Populism, Deliberative Methods, and the Production of "Public Opinion" on Crime and Punishment Volume 23, Number 1, 2014, pp. 87-102
To further meet your research needs, the complete digital issue from this journal is also available for purchase for $35.00 USD.
This issue contains 10 articles in total
- An Introduction: Penal Democracy
- Beyond Mass Incarceration?
- Penal Populism, Deliberative Methods, and the Production of "Public Opinion" on Crime and Punishment
- Penal Populism and the Folly of "Doing Good by Stealth"
- Penal Populism and the Problem of Mass Incarceration: The Promise of Utopian Thinking
- What Is The Core Normative Argument for Greater Democracy in Criminal Justice?
- Playing Fair with Imprisonment
- Urban Divestment, Rural Decline and the Politics of Mass Incarceration
- The Invisibility of the Prison in Democratic Theory: A Problem of “Virtual Democracy”
In order to purchase digital content, you must be logged into your MyMUSE account.
For questions, please see Purchasing MUSE Content