- Price: $16.00 USD (All sales final)
- University of Hawai'i Press
- Chain Gang Narratives and the Politics of "Speaking For" Volume 24, Number 1, Winter 2001, pp. 152-171
To further meet your research needs, the complete issue from this journal is also available for purchase for $24.00 USD.
This issue contains 26 articles in total
- Autobiography and Changing Identities Welcome to the Conference July 27, 2000
- Autobiography and Changing Identities: Introduction
- Reviewed Elsewhere
- Autobiography, Exile, Home: The Egyptian Memoirs of Gini Alhadeff, AndrÉ Aciman, and Edward Said
- Eva Hoffman's Double Emigration: Canada as the Site of Exile in Lost in Translation
- "Hidden Country": Discovering Mina Benson Hubbard
- Displacement and Self-Representation: Theorizing Contemporary Canadian Biotexts
- Autoethnography and Material Culture: The Case of Bill Reid
- Doukhobor Autobiography as Witness Narrative
- Footprints of the Fugitive: Slave Narrative Discourse and the Trace of Autobiography
- In the Second Person: Narrative Transactions in Stolen Generations Testimony
- Genome and Genre: DNA and Life Writing
- Writing as Refiguration: Lucy Grealy's Autobiography of a Face
- Chain Gang Narratives and the Politics of "Speaking For"
- Women's Diaries as Life-Savings: Who Decides Whose Life is Saved?: The Journals of Eugénie de Guérin and Elisabeth Leseur
- Limit-Cases: Trauma, Self-Representation, and the Jurisdictions of Identity
- Breaking Rules: The Consequences of Self-Narration
- How Do Diaries End?
- Performing the Search in Adoption Autobiography: Finding Christa and Reno Finds Her Mom
- "Carefully I Touched the Faces of My Parents": Bergman's Autobiographical Image
- "Heightened by Life" vs. "Paralyzed by Fact": Photography and Autobiography in Norma Cantú's Canícula
- Becoming and Be/Longing: Kate Bornstein's Gender Outlaw and My Gender Workbook
- Performing Identities: Actresses and Autobiography
- "I am Prince Jussuf": Else Lasker-Schüler's Autobiographical Performance
- The Rumpled Bed of Autobiography: Extravagant Lives, Extravagant Questions
In order to purchase content, you must be logged into your MyMUSE account.
For questions, please see Purchasing MUSE Content