- Digital Price: $19.00 USD (All sales final)
- NINE: A Journal of Baseball History and Culture
- University of Nebraska Press
- The Politics of Baseball: Essays on the Pastime and Power at Home and Abroad (review) Volume 19, Number 2, Spring 2011, pp. 177-180
To further meet your research needs, the complete digital issue from this journal is also available for purchase for $39.00 USD.
This issue contains 29 articles in total
- Diamond Quotes
- Joy in Mudville: Essays on Baseball and American Life (review)
- The Politics of Baseball: Essays on the Pastime and Power at Home and Abroad (review)
- Smart Ball: Marketing the Myth and Managing the Reality of Major League Baseball (review)
- Chasing Baseball: Our Obsession with Its History, Numbers, People and Places (review)
- Those 1940 Detroit Tigers: The Story of a Trio of Hall of Famers with Birdie, Barney, Bobo, Schoolboy, and Pinky Higgins (review)
- Baseball's Peerless Semipros: The Brooklyn Bushwicks of Dexter Park (review)
- The Federal League of Base Ball Clubs: The History of an Outlaw Major League, 1914-1915 (review)
- High Heat: The Secret History of the Fastball and the Improbable Search for the Fastest Pitcher of All Time (review)
- Eye for Talent: Interviews with Veteran Baseball Scouts (review)
- Spirits in the Grass (review)
- Top of the Order: 25 Writers Pick Their Favorite Baseball Players of All Time (review)
- Willie Mays: The Life, the Legend (review)
- Roger Maris: Baseball's Reluctant Hero (review)
- Joe Cronin: A Life in Baseball (review)
- 1921: The Yankees, the Giants, and the Battle for Baseball Supremacy in New York (review)
- Death of the Veteran Baseball Player, and: End of the Season: Tough-Luck Ballplayer in the Diamond Bluff Tavern
- Baseball After Dark
- Steroids, Tommy John, and Cataracts: What's the Difference?
- Franklin P. Adams's "Trio of Bear Cubs"
- Mark Twain's Mysterious Scoresheet
- Baseball in Tasmania
- The House That Cultural Capital Built: The Saga of the New Yankee Stadium
- Great White High Hopes: Race, Masculinity, and the 1993 Philadelphia Phillies
- The Baseball-Radio War, 1931-1935
- Syncopated Hits: The Clef Club Negro Baseball Team in Jazz-Age Paris
- "Baseball for the Insane": The Middletown State Homeopathic Hospital and its "Asylums"
- Women's Baseball in the 1860s: Reestablishing a Historical Memory
In order to purchase digital content, you must be logged into your MyMUSE account.
For questions, please see Purchasing MUSE Content