- Digital Price: $19.00 USD (All sales final)
- University of Nebraska Press
- "Poetry Experienced": Lucy Larcom's Poetic Dwelling in A New England Girlhood Volume 18, Number 2, 2001, pp. 182-192
To further meet your research needs, the complete digital issue from this journal is also available for purchase for $34.00 USD.
This issue contains 17 articles in total
- Margaret Fuller's First Conversation Series: A Discovery in the Archives
- Legacy Bookshelf
- Sentimental Collaborations: Mourning and Middle-Class Identity in Nineteenth-Century America, and: Sentimental Materialism: Gender, Commodity Culture, and Nineteenth-Century American Literature (review)
- Reforming Fictions: Native, African, and Jewish American Women's Literature and Journalism in the Progressive Era (review)
- Traces of a Stream: Literacy and Social Change Among African American Women (review)
- Challenging Boundaries: Gender and Periodization, and: Separate Spheres No More: Gender Convergence in American Literature, 1830-1930 (review)
- Undomesticated Ground: Recasting Nature as Feminist Space (review)
- Jewett and Her Contemporaries: Reshaping the Canon (review)
- To Read My Heart: The Journal of Rachel Van Dyke, 1810-1811 (review)
- The Masochistic Pleasures of Sentimental Literature (review)
- Jessie Ann Benton Fremont (1824-1902)
- "The Highly Original Country of the Yanquis" : Dramatic Irony and Double-Voicing as Cultural Critique in Maria Cristina Mena's Fiction
- "He is Amusing but Not Inherently a Gentleman": The Vexed Relations of Kate Field and Samuel Clemens
- "Poetry Experienced": Lucy Larcom's Poetic Dwelling in A New England Girlhood
- Dickinson's Bawdy: Shakespeare and Sexual Symbolism in Emily Dickinson's Writing to Susan Dickinson
- "Grand and Sweet Methodist Hymns": Spiritual Transformation and Imperialistic Vision in Harriet Prescott Spofford's "Circumstance"
- Harriet Beecher Stowe and the Domestication of Free Labor Ideology
In order to purchase digital content, you must be logged into your MyMUSE account.
For questions, please see Purchasing MUSE Content