To further meet your research needs, the complete issue from this journal is also available for purchase for $60.00 USD.
This issue contains 34 articles in total
- Notes on Contributors
- Conventions and Abbreviations
- Editors' Introduction
- Bibliography (in English) for 2003
- The Years' Work in Tolkien Studies 2001-2002
- Addenda and Corrigenda to the 2001-2002 Tolkien Studies Bibliography
- Tolkien through Russian Eyes (review)
- Tolkien the Medievalist (review)
- Tolkien in the Land of Heroes: Discovering the Human Spirit (review)
- The Tolkien Fan's Medieval Reader (review)
- Tolkien and the Great War: the Threshold of Middle-earth (review)
- Tolkien and C. S. Lewis: The Gift of Friendship (review)
- Tolkien: A Cultural Phenomenon (review)
- Tales Before Tolkien: The Roots of Modern Fantasy (review)
- The Road to Middle-earth, Revised and Expanded Edition (review)
- The Real Middle-earth: Exploring the Magic and Mystery of the Middle Ages, J.R.R. Tolkien, and "The Lord of the Rings" (review)
- Following Gandalf: Epic Battles and Moral Victory in "The Lord of the Rings" (review)
- The Alphabet of Rumil & Early Noldorin Fragments, and: Early Qenya & Valmaric (review)
- Little Nell and Frodo the Halfling
- Gilraen's Linnod : Function, Genre, Prototypes
- J. R. R. Tolkien and W. Rhys Roberts's "Gerald of Wales on the Survival of Welsh"
- The Birthplace of J. R. R. Tolkien
- Obituary: Humphrey Carpenter (1946-2005)
- Tolkien's Imaginary Nature: An Analysis of the Structure of Middle-earth
- Love: "The Gift of Death"
- A Definitive Identification of Tolkien's "Borgil": An Astronomical and Literary Approach
- Tolkien, King Alfred, and Boethius: Platonist Views of Evil in The Lord Of The Rings
- Tolkien and Modernism
- "Tricksy Lights": Literary and Folkloric Elements in Tolkien's Passage of the Dead Marshes
- World Creation as Colonization: British Imperialism in "Aldarion and Erendis"
- The White City: The Lord of the Rings as an Early Medieval Myth of the Restoration of the Roman Empire
- Parallel Lives: The Sons of Denethor and the Sons of Telamon
- Richard C. West: A Checklist
- "And She Named Her Own Name": Being True To One's Word in Tolkien's Middle-earth
In order to purchase content, you must be logged into your MyMUSE account.