About this Journal
The Rapa Nui Journal (RNJ) is the official, peer-reviewed journal, of the Easter Island Foundation (EIF). The journal serves as a forum for interdisciplinary scholarship in the humanities and social sciences on Easter Island and the Eastern Polynesia region. Each issue may include Research Articles, Research Reports, Commentaries or Dialogues, Book or Media Reviews and EIF News.
RNJ welcomes contributions from a wide range of social, cultural, indigenous and historical disciplines on topics related to the lives and cultures of the peoples of Rapa Nui and Eastern Polynesia. Abstracts for articles may be published in English, Spanish, and Rapanui. We welcome submissions from scholars across Oceania, North and South America, and beyond.
Submit your manuscript online.
All Easter Island Foundation members receive a subscription to the Rapa Nui Journal.
Back content (Volume 1-Volume 28) is freely accessible online.
Editor: Dr. Mara A. Mulrooney, Pacific Legacy, Inc., Hawai‘i, USA
Sponsor: Easter Island Foundation
Sign up for alerts at: MyMUSE Alerts
published byUniversity of Hawai'i Press
Available IssuesVol. 29 (2015) through current issue
Table of Contents
Additional Issue Materials
- Editorial Board -- Volume 32, Issues 1 & 2, 2019
- Editorial Board -- Volume 31, Numbers 1 & 2, 2018
- Editorial Board -- Volume 30, Number 2, October 2016
- Editorial Board -- Volume 30, Number 1, May 2016
- Editorial Board -- Volume 29, Number 2, October 2015
- Editorial Board -- Volume 29, Number 1, May 2015