In this Issue
- Volume 52, Number 1, Spring 2019
- How Masks Travel: Aesthetics, Trade, War, and Authority in Eastern Nigeria
- Edited by Sidney Littlefield Kasfir
African Arts presents original research and critical discourse on traditional, contemporary, and popular African arts and expressive cultures. Since 1967, the journal has reflected the dynamism and diversity of this work, publishing full-color, richly illustrated articles incorporating the most current theory, practice, and intercultural dialogue. AA offers readers peer-reviewed articles concerning a range of art forms and visual cultures of the world’s second largest continent and its diasporas, plus book and exhibition reviews, artist portfolios, photo essays, and more.
published byThe MIT Press
viewing issueVolume 52, Number 1, Spring 2019
Table of Contents
- Is Repatriation Inevitable?
- pp. 1-6
- Restitution: Debate and Action
- pp. 8-10
- Barbara Winston Blackmun 1928–2018
- pp. 11-13
Copyright © Regents of the University of California