In this Issue
- Volume 4, Number 2, 2018
Studies in American Humor publishes articles on topics, themes, practices, practitioners, and media across the wide spectrum of American humor, past and present, for an audience made up primarily of scholars and students in the humanities, especially literary and cultural studies. The journal values new transnational and interdisciplinary approaches as well as traditional critical and historical humanities scholarship. StAH is the official journal of the American Humor Studies Association.
published byPenn State University Press
viewing issueVolume 4, Number 2, 2018
Table of Contents
- Announcing "On Second Thought"A New Feature
- pp. 135-136
- Comic Assaults and SomersaultsAn Introduction
- pp. 137-143
- WTF Is Laughter to Mark Twain?
- pp. 144-151
- Is Satire Compatible with Free Speech?
- pp. 183-191
- Comic Outbreaks and Scholastic Discontents
- pp. 205-215
- The Year's Work in American Humor Studies, 2016
- pp. 216-283