In this Issue
Notes: Quarterly Journal of the Music Library Association, is regarded as the foremost scholarly journal for music libraries and librarianship. For nearly sixty years, Notes has presented interesting, informative, and well-written articles on music librarianship, music bibliography, the music trade, discography, and certain aspects of music history. Each quarterly issue offers critical reviews of significant books and printed music, as well as columns providing complete bibliographic citations for new books, music, and music publishers' catalogs.
published byMusic Library Association
viewing issueVolume 57, Number 3, March 2001
Table of Contents
- Amos Bull, The Collected Works, and: Three Connecticut Composers: The Collected Works of Oliver Brownson, Alexander Gillet, and Solomon Chandler, and: Three New York Composers: The Collected Works of Lewis Edson, Lewis Edson Jr., and Nathaniel Billings, and: Elias Mann, The Collected Works, and: Supply Belcher, The Collected Works, and: Abraham Wood, The Collected Works, and: Two Vermont Composers: The Collected Works of Elisha West and Justin Morgan, and: Two Connecticut Composers: The Collected Works of Asahel Benham and Merit Woodruff, and: Jacob French, The Collected Works, and: Joseph Stone, The Collected Works, and: Samuel Babcock, The Collected Works, and: Selected Works of Samuel Holyoke and Jacob Kimball, and: Oliver Holden, Selected Works, and: Daniel Belknap, The Collected Works, and: The Collected Works of Eliakim Doolittle and Timothy Olmsted (review)
- pp. 708-717
- DOI: 10.1353/not.2001.0011
- Your Cry Will Be a Whisper, for Solo Guitar, and: Composition for Guitar (1984), and: Resisting Stillness, [for] Two Guitars, and: Sonata da giardino (for Solo Guitar) (1998), and: The Seasons Pass, for Solo Guitar, and: From Kakadu and Into the Dreaming, for Solo Guitar, and: In the Woods: Three Pieces for Guitar, and: Tres homenajes hungaros (Three Hungarian Tributes), for Two Guitars (1994), and: Da'ase, for Solo Guitar, and: American Bouquet (Versions of Popular Music), for Guitar (review)
- pp. 759-762
- DOI: 10.1353/not.2001.0017
- The Moderne Motet Anthologies: Four-Voice Motets from the Motteti del Fiore Series, and: The Moderne Motet Anthologies: Five- and More-Voice Motets from the Motteti del Fiore Series, and: Motetti del Laberinto Libro primo a cinque Voci. .. (Venice, Girolamo Scotto, 1554), and: Sacrae Cantiones Vulgo Motetta. .. (Venice, Scotto, 1568), and: Caesaris Tudini Canonici & Musici Cathedralis Ecclesiae Adriensis Mottetorum Quinque Vocibus Liber Primus (Venice: Vincenti, 1588) (review)
- pp. 724-728
- DOI: 10.1353/not.2001.0019
Copyright © 2001 the Music Library Association, Inc.