In this Issue
American Literature has been regarded since its inception as the preeminent periodical in its field. Each issue contains articles covering the works of several American authors--from colonial to contemporary--as well as an extensive book review section; a "Brief Mention" section that offers citations of new editions and reprints, collections, anthologies, and other professional books; and an "Announcements" section that keeps readers up-to-date on prizes, competitions, conferences, grants, and publishing opportunities.
published byDuke University Press
viewing issueVolume 74, Number 1, March 2002
Table of Contents
- The Reading Habit and "The Yellow Wallpaper"
- pp. 89-110
- The Pilgrimage of Dorothy Richardson (review)
- pp. 167-169
- The Political Plays of Langston Hughes (review)
- pp. 171-172
- Allen Tate: Orphan of the South (review)
- pp. 172-174
- Understanding Children's Literature (review)
- pp. 191-192
- Brief Mention
- pp. 199-213
Copyright © 2002 The Duke University Press.