In this Book
- Out Of The Ordinary: Folklore and the Supernatural
- Published by: Utah State University Press
- View |
- View Citation
This contributed volume explores the functions of belief and supernatural experience within an array of cultures, as well as the stance of academe toward the study of belief and the supernatural. The essays in this volume call into question the idea that supernatural experience is extraordinary.
Among the contributors are Shelley Adler, David Hufford, Barre Toelken, and Gillian Bennett.
Table of Contents
- I. Perception, Belief, and Living
- pp. 9-10
- II. Supernatural Power and Other Worlds: Making Contact
- pp. 73-74
- III. Demons and Gods: Cultural Adaptations and Incorporations
- pp. 143-144