In this Book
- What Works in Improving Gender Equality: International Best Practice in Childcare and Long-term Care Policy
- Published by: Bristol University Press
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
EPDF and EPUB available Open Access under CC-BY-NC licence. Drawing on comparative research from five countries, What Works in Improving Gender Equality provides an accessible analysis of what gender equality means and how we can achieve it by adapting best practices in care policies from other countries. Realistic policy solutions are reached by examining the contexts in which childcare and longterm care policies are developed, and what difficulties might need to be overcome in applying the lessons from different international models.
Table of Contents
- Title Page, Copyright, Dedication
- pp. i-iv
- Table of Contents
- pp. v-vi
- List of Tables
- pp. vii-x
- Two The Universal Model of care policy
- pp. 17-34
- Four Childcare and gender equality
- pp. 53-78
- Five Long-term care and gender equality
- pp. 79-102
- Seven Which model of care is fairest to women?
- pp. 139-162
- pp. 163-168
- pp. 169-178
Launched on MUSE