In this Book
- Home Safe Home: Housing Solutions for Survivors of Intimate Partner Violence
- Published by: Rutgers University Press
For survivors of intimate partner violence (IPV), housing is a key to establishing a new life free from abuse. Home Safe Home offers a multifaceted analysis that both values the perspectives of IPV survivors and accounts for the practical challenges involved in providing them with adequate permanent housing. As it traces how housing options and support mechanisms for IPV survivors have evolved over time, this book also offers innovative suggestions for how to better meet the needs of this vulnerable population.
Table of Contents
- pp. vii-viii
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- pp. ix-xii
- pp. 1-10
- Part One. Why Long-Term Housing for Survivors of Intimate Partner Violence?
- Part Two. The Current Policy and Service Environment. How Did We Get Here?
- Part Three. An Evolving Approach. Long-Term Housing
- Part Four. Next Steps?
- Chapter 8. Moving Forward. Research and Policy
- pp. 125-132
- Epilogue. A Practitioner’s Perspective
- pp. 133-142
- Appendix. Methods
- pp. 143-150
- pp. 151-154
- pp. 155-168
- pp. 169-174
Launched on MUSE