- Writing for the SBCS Blog or Newsletter
A long-term goal in SBCS has been to offer community members a chance to interact and share news, opinions, and resources via our updated and improved website. We are looking for blog posts on a variety of topics:
• News updates about conferences, events, courses, or other resources.
• Topical discussions of important issues.
• Posts about pedagogy, teaching, syllabus development, creative exercises, or other topics.
• Interviews, samples, or reviews of SBCS member books.
Blog posts are vetted by our Social Media Committee and will appear on the website.
Typically, we will also post the blog to our Facebook page; we may ask for permission to use it elsewhere. An ideal post:
• engages the intersection of Buddhist and Christian traditions,
• is approximately 800 words in length,
• includes an image, and
• offers a short bio of the author (25–50 words) and contact info.
Please visit our blog for more information:
Also, check out our Facebook page and give it a like:
write for the newsletter
The Society for Buddhist-Christian Studies Newsletter is published twice annually: in the spring and the fall. Please contact the Editor to share information with our readers. The deadline for the Spring issue is March 15.
In addition to reports on our annual meeting (concurrent with the AAR) and calls for the Frederick Streng Book Award for Excellence in Buddhist-Christian Studies and for the Graduate Student Essay Prize, the Newsletter also publishes information on conferences, retreats, lectures, and other events. We welcome obituaries and reports on major figures in the field of Buddhist-Christian Studies.
We are always grateful for information, news, or other submissions that members and others can share with the Society. Submissions may be edited for clarity and length. Send items to newsletter editor John.Becker@lyon.edu. [End Page 311]