* Mark J. Gasiorowski is a professor of political science at Tulane University.
* Nikos Marantzidis is an associate professor of Balkan, Slavic, and Oriental studies at the University of Macedonia in Thessaloniki (Greece) and a visiting professor of history at Charles University in Prague.
* Michael H. Creswell is an associate professor of history at Florida State University and editor of History: Reviews of New Books.
* Dieter H. Kollmer is a senior researcher at the Zentrum für Militärgeschichte und Sozialwissenschaften (formerly the MGFA/Potsdam, Germany) and a lecturer at the University of Potsdam.
* Robert Brier is a research fellow at the German Historical Institute, Warsaw.
* Loch K. Johnson is Regents Professor of Political Science at the University of Georgia and editor of the journal Intelligence and National Security.
* Mark Kramer is director of Cold War Studies at Harvard University and a senior fellow of Harvard's Davis Center for Russian and Eurasian Studies.
* James G. Hershberg is a professor of history at George Washington University.
* David Mayers is a professor of history and political science at Boston University.
* Barton J. Bernstein is a professor of history at Stanford University.
* Vladimir O. Pechatnov is a professor of international history at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations.
* Ivan Kurilla is a professor of history at Volgograd State University.
* James C. Wallace is a lecturer in the department of international relations at Boston University who earlier received a doctorate in theology and is currently completing a Ph.D. in political science at Boston University.
* Binoy Kampmark is a lecturer in global, urban, and social studies at RMIT University in Australia. [End Page iii]
* Vít Smetana is a senior research fellow at the Institute for Contemporary History, Czech Academy of Sciences.
* Anders Stephanson is the Andrew and Virginia Rudd Family Foundation Professor of History at Columbia University.
* John Lewis Gaddis is the Robert A. Lovett Professor of Military and Naval History at Yale University. [End Page iv]