- HIV Prevention with Positives in Thailand:Ethical Dilemma of HIV Status Disclosure in Intimate Relationships
Sakchai Chaiyamahapurk is a PhD student in the Health Systems and Policy international programme with a scholarship from the Royal Golden Jubilee PhD Programme of the Thai Royal government. He is also the Director of Office of Disease Prevention and Control, Region 9 Phitsanulok, Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health. Dr Chaiyamahapurk is also an MD and has worked in the field of sexually transmitted infection and HIV/AIDS.
Supasit Pannarunothai is Professor of Community Medicine in the Department of Community Family and Occupational Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Naresuan University. His main research interests include health financing, universal health insurance, equity in health and case mix. He has served as Dean of the Faculty of Medicine since 2005 and is Director of the Centre for Health Equity Monitoring.
1. Rojanapithayakorn, W. (2006) The 100% Condom Use Program in Asia, Reproductive Health Matter, 14 (28), 41-52; National AIDS Prevention and Alleviation Committee (2008) UNGASS Country Progress Report, Thailand, January 2006-December 2007; Petchsri, S., K. Porntip, D. Vipa, et al., Bangkok, Department of Disease Control.
2. Brown, T., O. Rhujaroenpornpanich, W. Peerapatnapokin, and P. Prasartkul (2009) Revising HIV Estimates and Projection Implications of the National Sexual Behavior Survey. In The Era of ARV in the Generalized HIV Epidemic in Thailand: Research Approaches, eds. A. Chamratrithirong and D. Phuengsamran, Institute for Population and Social Research, Nakhon Pathom, 17.
3. Bayer, R. (1996) AIDS Prevention — Sexual Ethics and Responsibility, New England Journal of Medicine, 334 (23), 1540-2.
4. Janssen, R.S., D.R. Holtgrave, R.O. Valdiserri, M. Shepherd, H.D. Gayle, et al. (2001) The Serostatus Approach to Fighting the HIV Epidemic: Prevention Strategies for Infected Individuals, American Journal of Public Health, 91 (7), 1019-24.
5. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2003) Incorporating HIV Prevention into the Medical Care of Persons Living with HIV. Recommendations of CDC, the Health Resources and Services Administration, the National Institutes of Health, and the HIV Medicine Association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, MMWR Recommendations and Reports, 52, RR-12, 1-24.
6. Bunnell R., J. Mermin, and K.M. De Cock (2006) HIV Prevention for a Threatened Continent: Implementing Positive Prevention in Africa, JAMA, 296 (7), 855-8.
7. Pearshouse, R. (2008) Switzerland: statement on sexual transmission of HIV by people on ART, HIV AIDS Policy Law Rev., 13 (1), 37-8.
8. Chasombat, S., C. Lertpiriyasuwat, S. Thanprasertsuk, L. Suebsaeng, and Y.R. Lo (2006) The National Access to Antiretroviral Program for PHA (NAPHA) in Thailand, Southeast Asian Journal of Tropical Medicine Public Health, 37 (4), 704-15.
9. Chaiyamahapurk, S. (2010) Sexual Practice of PWHA attending HIV Clinic in Lower Northern Part of Thailand, 2010 National Disease Prevention and Control Seminar, Department of Disease Control, Bangkok.
10. National AIDS Prevention and Alleviation Committee (2008) UNGASS Country Progress Report, Thailand, January 2006-December 2007, op. cit., 144.
11. Chaovanich, A., R. Lolekha, P. Tantanatip, J. Ausavapipit, A. Wiratchai, et al. (2007) Sexual Risk Behaviors and Sexually Transmitted Infection among Persons attending HIV Care in Bamrasnaradul Infectious Institute, Disease Control Journal, 33 (1), 42-59.
12. Bouhnik, A.D., M. Preau, M.A. Schlitz, F. Lert, Y. Obadia, et al. (2007) Unprotected Sex in Regular Partnerships among Homosexual Men Living with HIV: A Comparison between Sero-nonconcordant and Seroconcordant Couples (ANRS-EN12-VESPA Study), AIDS, 21 (Suppl 1), 43-8; Allen, C.F., Y. Simon, J. Edwards, and P.S. Bernards (2008) Factors Associated with Condom Use in the Caribbean Regional Network of People Living with HIV/AIDS (CRN+), XVII International AIDS conference, Mexico City; Eisele, T.P., C. Mathews, M. Chopra, L. Brown, E. Silvestre, et al. (2008) High Levels of Risk Behavior among People Living with HIV Initiating and Waiting to Start Antiretroviral Therapy in Cape Town South Africa, AIDS Behavior12 (4), 570-7; Kadando, R., J. Lyavala, and M. Mulongo (2008) Sero Status Disclosure in HIV Prevention: Encouraging Results from TASO Tororo, Paper presented at XVII International AIDS Conference, Mexico City.
13. The Global Network of People...