- Justice in the Expansion of Medical Insurance Coverage in China
Wang Chunshui is a PhD Candidate at the Centre for International Health, the University of Bergen, Norway. She obtained her Master degree of Philosophy (Bioethics) from Peking Union Medical College (PUMC)/Tsinghua University/Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences (CAMS). Her research field is in bioethics, focusing on health policy ethics, public health ethics, and biomedical research ethics. Her PhD thesis is on the ethical issue of health sector reform in China. She is also a medical doctor and licensed pharmacist in China.
1. China's Ministry of Health (2004) The Third National Survey on Health Care Services [Online]. Available at http://www.bz120.net/Article/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=72 [accessed March 2010].
2. China's State Council (1998) Decision on Establishing a Basic Medical Insurance System for Urban Employees [Online]. Available at http://www.gov.cn/banshi/2005-08/04/content_ 20256.htm [accessed March 2010].
3. China Daily (2010) Key issue in health care reform. Available at http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/dfpd/2010qglianghui/2010-03/05/content_9543987.htm [accessed 5 March 2010].
4. China's State Council (2007) Guidelines on Implementing a Pilot Scheme for Urban Resident Basic Medical Insurance (State Council Policy Document 2007 No. 20). Available at http://www.gov.cn/xxgk/pub/govpublic/mrlm/200803/t20080328_32754.html [accessed March 2010].
5. China Daily (2010) Key issue in health care reform. Available at http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/dfpd/2010qglianghui/2010-03/05/content_9543987.htm [accessed 5 March 2010].
6. China's Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance & Ministry of Agriculture (2003) Decision on establishing New Rural Cooperative Medical Insurance Scheme. Available at http://www.gov.cn/zwgk/2005-08/12/content_21850.htm [accessed March 2010].
7. China's Ministry of Civil Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Health & Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security (2009) Decision on Improving Urban and Rural Medical Assistant Scheme. Available at http://www.gov.cn/zwgk/2009-06/22/content_1347163.htm [accessed March 2010].
8. International Social Security Association (2009) Chinese healthcare reforms move towards universal coverage. Available at http://www.issa.int/aiss/News-Events/News/Chinese-health-care-reforms-move-towards-universal-coverage [accessed 23 September 2009].
9. NPC (2008) The basic situation main issues of China's medical insurance system. Available at http://www.npc.gov.cn/npc/zt/2008-12/23/content_1463573.htm [accessed March 2010].
10. Yip, W., A. Wagstaff, and W.C. Hsiao (2009) Economic Analysis of China's Health Care System: Turning a New Page, Health Economics, 18, S3-S6.
11. Chen, Z. and Q. Gao (2008) Health Reform and Development with Chinese Characteristics: Ensuring Medical and Health Care Services for Every Citizen, Qiushi, 35-8; Hu, S.L., S.L. Tang, Y.L. Liu, Y.X. Zhao, M.L. Escobar, and D. de Ferranti (2008) Health System Reform in China 6 Reform of How Health Care is Paid for in China: Challenges and Opportunities, Lancet, 372, 1846-53.
12. Hu, et al. (2008) op. cit.
13. Zhou, Z.L., J.M. Gao, Q.X. Xue, X.W. Yang, and J. Yan (2009) Effects of Rural Mutual Health Care on Outpatient Service Utilization in Chinese Village Medical Institutions: Evidence from Panel Data, Health Economics, 18, S129-S136; Center for Health Statistics and Information of MOH (2008) Statistical Bulletin of Chinese Health Development in 2007. Available at http://www.moh.gov.cn/newhtml/21698.htm [accessed March 2010].
14. Hu, et al. (2008) op. cit.
15. Yip, W. and W.C. Hsiao (2008) Market Watch: The Chinese Health System at a Crossroads, Health Affairs, 27, 460-8; Hu, et al. (2008) op. cit.
16. Yi, H.M., L.X. Zhang, K. Singer, S. Rozelle, and S. Atlas (2009) Health Insurance and Catastrophic Illness: A Report on the New Cooperative Medical System in Rural China, Health Economics, 18, S119-S127; Yip, et al. (2009) op. cit.
17. Lin, W.C., G.G. Liu, and G. Chen (2009) The Urban Resident Basic Medical Insurance: A Landmark Reform Towards Universal Coverage in China, Health Economics, 18, S83-S96; Yip, et al. (2009) op. cit.
18. Brock, D.W. and D...