- Democracy in the Commonwealth Caribbean
Clifford E. Griffin is assistant professor of political science at North Carolina State University. A native of Nevis, he has published articles on post-1983 Grenada, the prospects for democracy in Haiti and Cuba, and the inter-American system. He is the author of Democracy in Developing and Transforming Countries (forthcoming).
1. C.L.R. James, Beyond a Boundary (orig. publ. 1963; New York: Pantheon, 1983), 38-39.
2. Gordon K. Lewis, The Growth of the Modern West Indies (New York: Monthly Review Press, 1968), 97-98.
3. V.S. Naipaul, The Overcrowded Barracoon (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1973), 254.
4. Carl Stone, Class, State, and Democracy in Jamaica (New York: Praeger, 1986), 5.
5. Ibid., 48-49. [End Page 94]