1. Stone M. Dance of death. New York Magazine 1991 Aug
2. Ridgely MS, Osher FC, Goldman HH. Executive summary.
Chronic mentally ill young adults with substance abuse problems: A
review of research, treatment, and training issues. Mental Health
Policy Series. Baltimore: University of Maryland School of
3. Regier DA, Farmer ME, Rae DS. Comorbidity of mental
disorders with alcohol and other drug abuse. JAMA 1990 Nov
4. Pepper B, Kirshner M, Ruglewicz H. The young adult chronic
patient: Overview of a population. Hosp Commun Psychiatry 1981
5. Safer DJ. Substance abuse by young adult chronic patients.
Hosp Commun Psychiatry 1987 May;38(5):511-4.
6. Carey KB. Treatment of the mentally ill chemical abuser:
Description of the Hutchings Day Treatment Program. Psychiatric Q
1989 Winter;60(4):303-16. [CrossRef
7. Aliesan K, Firth RC. A MICA program: Outpatient
rehabilitation services for individuals with concurrent mental
illness and chemical abuse disorders. J Appl Rehab Couns 1990
8. Blankertz LE, Cnaan RA, White K. Outreach efforts with
dually diagnosed homeless persons. Families Society: J Contemp
Human Serv 1990:387-95.
9. Fine J. A unified model of mental illness and addiction.
Presented at: Management of Crisis Situations symposium, New York
City Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation, and
Alcoholism Services, Apr 5, 1991.
10. McKelvy MJ, Kane JS, Kellison K. Substance abuse and
mental illness—Double trouble. J Pychosocial Nurs
11. Lieberman PB, Baker FM. There liability of psychiatric
diagnosis in the emergency room. Hosp Commun Psychiatry 1985
12. Schuckit MA. Alcoholism and other psychiatric disorders.
Hosp Commun Psychiatry 1983 Nov;34(11):1022-6.
13. The Commissioner's Task Force report on mental health
services for children and adolescents. New York: New York City
Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation, and Alcoholism
14. Goodwin F. From the Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Mental Health
Administration. JAMA 1990 Apr 18;263(15):2029.
15. Focus 1990 Jan;5(1). (Albany: New York State Division of
Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse.)