In this Book
The Indian Ocean island of Madagascar is one of the world’s great natural treasures and ecotourism destinations. Despite being an island, it is home to nearly an entire continent’s variety of species, from the famous lemurs to a profusion of bizarre and beautiful birds, reptiles and amphibians. Wildlife of Madagascar is a compact and beautifully illustrated photographic guide, and an essential companion for any visitor or resident. With an eye-catching design, authoritative and accessible text and easy-to-use format, it provides information on identification, distribution, habitat, behaviour, biology and conservation for all the mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and butterflies likely to be seen.
- The most comprehensive single-volume field guide to Madagascar’s wildlife
- Attractive layout features more than 900 stunning colour photographs
- Covers the mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and butterflies, and some of the other invertebrates and plants, most likely to be seen
- Provides key information about identification, distribution, habitat, behaviour and conservation
- Introductory sections provide background information on Madagascar and its unique environments
Table of Contents