In this Book
- International Approaches to Professional Development for Mathematics Teachers
- Published by: University of Ottawa Press
- Series: Education
- View |
- View Citation
Schools everywhere are being confronted with evolving learning and teaching paradigms that call into question a number of traditional math teaching techniques. These changes demand serious reflection on how to support frontline educators in developing their teaching skills.
Alternative approaches to professional development have been established worldwide that support teacher education and contribute to professional development that is informed by practice, created for practice and refined in practice. This volume provides a rich portrait of these emergent strategies in the professional development of math teachers, bridging the divide between theory and practice.
Written by researchers around the world, the contributions examine innovative approaches to the professional development of math teachers in different countries. Many of these approaches take into account the practitioner’s point of view and are fundamentally rooted in the context of the classroom.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: International Perspectives on Mathematics Teacher Education
- p. 1
- Part 2: Professional Development in Practice of Mathematics Teachers
- p. 51
- Part 3: Professional Knowledge Development of Mathematics Teachers
- p. 87
- Part 4: Experiences of Professional Development in Teaching Mathematics
- p. 117
- Part 5: Reforms, Curricular Change, and Continuous Professional Development
- p. 203