In this Book
China's breathtaking diversity of natural habitats--from mountains and deserts to grasslands and lush tropical forests--is home to more than 10 percent of the world's mammal species. This one-of-a-kind pocket guide describes the characteristics, geographic distribution, natural history, and conservation status of all 558 species of mammals found in China. An up-to-date distribution map accompanies each species account, and beautiful color illustrations by wildlife artist Federico Gemma depict a majority of the species. The definitive text is written by leading specialists and follows the most current global standards for mammalian systematics.
This field-ready pocket edition of A Guide to the Mammals of China makes the rich mammal fauna of China accessible to ecotravelers and naturalists like never before.
- The comprehensive pocket guide to all of China's 558 mammal species
- Describes the physical characteristics, geographic distribution, natural history, and conservation status of every species
- Features up-to-date distribution maps and stunning color illustrations throughout
- Written by a team of leading specialists
Table of Contents
- CLASS MAMMALIA —The Mammals
- p. 35
- APPENDIX I. Cetaceans Found off the Coast of China
- pp. 381-382
- Download |