In this Book
- Which Path to Persia?: Options for a New American Strategy toward Iran
- Published by: Brookings Institution Press
- View |
- View Citation
Crafting a new policy toward Iran is a complicated, uncertain, and perilous challenge. Since it is an extremely complex society, with an opaque political system, it is no wonder that the United States has not yet figured out the puzzle that is Iran. With the clock ticking on Iran's pursuit of nuclear capabilities, solving this puzzle is more urgent than ever.
In Which Path to Persia? a group of experts with the Saban Center for Middle East Policy at Brookings lays out the courses of action available to the United States. What are the benefits and drawbacks of airstrikes? Can engagement be successful? Is regime change possible? In answering such questions, the authors do not argue for one approach over another. Instead, they present the details of the policies so that readers can understand the complexity of the challenge and decide for themselves which course the United States should take.
Table of Contents
- Part 1: Dissuading Tehran: The Diplomatic Options
- pp. 29-30
- Part 3: Toppling Tehran: Regime Change
- pp. 141-142
- Chapter 9: Accepting the Unacceptable: Containment
- pp. 183-200
- Download |