1. Stone M. Dance of death. New York Magazine 1991 Aug 19:34.
2. Ridgely MS, Osher FC, Goldman HH. Executive summary. Chronic mentally ill young adults with substance abuse problems: A review of research, treatment, and training issues. Mental Health Policy Series. Baltimore: University of Maryland School of Medicine, 1987.
3. Regier DA, Farmer ME, Rae DS. Comorbidity of mental disorders with alcohol and other drug abuse. JAMA 1990 Nov 21;264(19):2511-8.
4. Pepper B, Kirshner M, Ruglewicz H. The young adult chronic patient: Overview of a population. Hosp Commun Psychiatry 1981 Jul;32(7):463-9.
5. Safer DJ. Substance abuse by young adult chronic patients. Hosp Commun Psychiatry 1987 May;38(5):511-4.
6. Carey KB. Treatment of the mentally ill chemical abuser: Description of the Hutchings Day Treatment Program. Psychiatric Q 1989 Winter;60(4):303-16.
7. Aliesan K, Firth RC. A MICA program: Outpatient rehabilitation services for individuals with concurrent mental illness and chemical abuse disorders. J Appl Rehab Couns 1990 Fall;21(3):25-9.
8. Blankertz LE, Cnaan RA, White K. Outreach efforts with dually diagnosed homeless persons. Families Society: J Contemp Human Serv 1990:387-95.
9. Fine J. A unified model of mental illness and addiction. Presented at: Management of Crisis Situations symposium, New York City Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation, and Alcoholism Services, Apr 5, 1991.
10. McKelvy MJ, Kane JS, Kellison K. Substance abuse and mental illness—Double trouble. J Pychosocial Nurs 1987;25(1):20-5.
11. Lieberman PB, Baker FM. There liability of psychiatric diagnosis in the emergency room. Hosp Commun Psychiatry 1985 Mar;36(3):291-3.
12. Schuckit MA. Alcoholism and other psychiatric disorders. Hosp Commun Psychiatry 1983 Nov;34(11):1022-6.
13. The Commissioner's Task Force report on mental health services for children and adolescents. New York: New York City Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation, and Alcoholism Services, 1991.
14. Goodwin F. From the Alcohol, Drug Abuse, and Mental Health Administration. JAMA 1990 Apr 18;263(15):2029.
15. Focus 1990 Jan;5(1). (Albany: New York State Division of Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse.) [End Page 45]