Install Search Plug-in
Installing and Using the Project MUSE Search Plug-in
Browser search plugins allow you to access a search engine, database, or website directly from your browser. The plugins are accessed from the search box at the top right corner of your browser. Several search engine plugins come with the browser and it is possible to add many more.
The Project MUSE search plugin adds Project MUSE to the list of search engines that are available in the search box in the upper right corner on your browser. When you add the Project MUSE search plugin, you may search MUSE any time your browser is open regardless of the web page you are viewing.
How to Install the Project MUSE Search Plugin
The Project MUSE search plugin can be added to any browser that supports Sherlock and OpenSearch Search Engine Plugins. Installation is easy and takes just a couple of seconds. You may install the search plugin in either of two ways:
1) To install the plugin, click here. Depending on your browser, you may see a popup box asking you to click Yes or Add. Click to continue with the install. The MUSE plugin will now appear in the list of search engines in the top right corner of your browser.
2) Install the plugin from any page on the MUSE website.
- click the down arrow to the left of the search box in the upper righthand corner of your browser. A list of search engine plugins already installed on your browser will show.
- click Add "Search Project MUSE from your browser’s Searchbar"
- the Project MUSE search plugin is now installed and available on the list.
How to Remove a Search Plugin
To remove search plugins, click the down arrow to the left of the search box in the upper righthand corner of your browser. Click "Manage Search Engines…" A popup box will show a list of the search engine plugins you have installed. Click the plugin you want to remove, then click the "Remove" button. When done, click OK to return to the browser window.