Project MUSE Usage Statistics
MUSE statistics are compliant with Release 4 of the COUNTER Code of Practice.
We will continue to provide COUNTER COP 3 reports through the end of 2014.
Statistics for each month are updated and available for downloading by the 14th of the following month. MUSE usage statistics reports may be obtained in either Excel or XML format, providing subscribing institutions with the flexibility to import their statistics into a variety of tools. A login and password are required. For assistance with obtaining MUSE usage statistics, please contact our Customer Support department email@example.com. Please include in the email your name, title and the name of your institution.
For more information on COUNTER, please visit their web site www.projectcounter.org.
Project MUSE institution/consortium statistics have moved to:
NOTE: Our interface has changed. You will log in first and then be presented with a list of institutions assigned to your account.
MUSE supplies subscribing institutions with the following statistics reports:
- Journal Report 1: Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal
- Journal Report 1 GOA: Number of Successful Gold Open Access Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal
- Journal Report 2: Access Denied to Full-Text Articles by Month, Journal and Category
- Journal Report 5: Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Year-of-Publication (YOP) and Journal
- Book Report 2: Number of successful Section Requests by Month and Title
- Book Report 3: Access Denied to Content Items by Month, Title and Category
- Book Report 4: Access Denied to Content items by Month, Platform and Category
- Book Report 5: Total Searches by Month and Title
- Database Report 1: Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Database
- Database Report 2: Access Denied by Month, Database and Category
- Platform Report 1 (formerly Database Report 3): Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month and Platform