What MUSE Can Do For Your e-Books
Books in UPCC collections will get maximum exposure, and meaningful revenue, with minimum cost
- State of the Art Electronic Publishing at No Cost to You
- MUSE will cover all online publishing costs, including platform development, interface design, and functionality; compliance with current and emerging publishing standards; abuse monitoring, watermarking, and anti-piracy software
- MUSE’s business model returns maximum revenue share to participating publishers
MUSE e-books will reach millions of users worldwide
- A Highly-Dedicated, Experienced Sales Force Working for You
- Project MUSE will handle all sales and promotion of e-book collections to academic, public, school, and special libraries worldwide.
- MUSE has a strong, 15-year track record of successful negotiations with major library consortia and customers around the world.
- MUSE has the advantage of established relationships with motivated agents in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East to ensure broad market penetration.
- Global Dissemination of Your Books
- MUSE’s rapidly expanding international base now includes subscribing libraries in over 70 countries.
- Millions of users have access to MUSE journal content in all major regions of the world and soon they will have access to book content as well.
- Project MUSE partners with respected organizations to bring affordable access to scholars in developing and transitional economies.
- Your Books and Book Chapters Will Be Discoverable and Accessible, Where Your Users Are
- Last year, MUSE users downloaded over 10 million journal articles and performed over 12 million searches of the journal content.
- Major library databases and discovery services link directly to content on MUSE.
- MUSE covers the cost of participation in CrossRef, a publisher consortium that facilitates reference linking.
- MUSE provides tools that facilitate collaboration among colleagues and students.
MUSE book publishers will retain control over their content and their brands
- Know Where and How Your Book is Being Used
- MUSE will provide usage data at the title and chapter level, which can help publishers make editorial and marketing decisions.
- Publishers can see which institutions are using their books, and receive regular sales reports.
- Project MUSE will not share or license your content to third parties.
- A Unique Home for Your Books Online
- Each book’s attractive landing page showcases your title.
- Functionality at the book and chapter level allows users to browse a book from cover to cover and search for keywords appearing within your book on MUSE.
- A Publisher Voice in the MUSE Community
- Project MUSE hosts an annual publishers meeting where participants can engage in discussion about current online publishing issues as well as future MUSE initiatives.
- The UPCC Advisory Board provides regular input and advice on MUSE policies and procedures.
Interested in Participating in the Project MUSE Books Program?
Project MUSE welcomes the participation of non-profit publishers of scholarly peer-reviewed books. For questions about joining Project MUSE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org