About Project MUSE
Project MUSE is a leading provider of digital humanities and social science content for the scholarly community. Since 1995 the MUSE journal collections have supported a wide array of research needs at academic, public, special, and school libraries worldwide. MUSE is the trusted source of complete, full-text versions of scholarly journals from many of the world's leading university presses and scholarly societies, with over 120 publishers currently participating. Book collections on Project MUSE were launched in January 2012 and offer top quality book-length scholarship, fully integrated with MUSE's scholarly journal content.
Project MUSE promotes the creation and dissemination of essential humanities and social science resources through collaboration with libraries, publishers, and scholars worldwide. Forged from a partnership between a university press and a library, Project MUSE is a trusted part of the academic and scholarly community it serves.
An Essential Resource
High quality, peer-reviewed, stable content
- Content written by the most prestigious authors and scholars in their fields
- Books and journals from non-profit scholarly publishers, including university presses and societies
- Once content goes online in MUSE, it stays online, permanently
Designed by the academic community, for the academic community
- Founded as a non-profit collaboration between libraries and publishers
- Affordable tiered pricing structure enables libraries to customize their offering
- License designed with library needs in mind
User-friendly platform for research and discovery
- Search books and journals in one place and at the same time
- Linking relationships with indexing/abstracting/search services facilitate access to MUSE content
- Alerts and social networking options for sharing discoveries with colleagues
- Free access to book and journal Tables of Contents and sample full-text journal articles and book chapters without a subscription.